Standard Hardware Warranty And Extended Maintenance Policy
STANDARD HARDWARE WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS AND EXTENDED MAINTENANCE POLICY
NCR AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
LEVEL 4, 8-20 NAPIER STREET
NORTH SYDNEY, NSW 2060
LAST UPDATED: 7 DECEMBER 2017
STANDARD WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
All hardware items purchased by you as an end user merchant customer directly from NCR Australia Pty Ltd (“NCR”) or from an NCR authorised reseller include a standard 30 day non-transferable warranty against defects in manufacture, beginning on the date of purchase.
This warranty against defects is in addition to your statutory rights.
WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS CONDITIONS
Hardware must be purchased new from NCR or from an NCR authorised reseller. The warranty against defects is only applicable to hardware purchased for use in Australia with the NCR Silver suite of applications. Wear and tear, damage, and misuse are excluded and not covered by this warranty against defects.
Extended maintenance is only available with the purchase of the NCR Silver Concierge subscription plan or the Total by NCR Silver subscription plan and requires an active, uninterrupted subscription to qualify. Qualified hardware items as determined by NCR receive extended maintenance coverage, extending the overall standard hardware replacement coverage to 36 months. Extended maintenance coverage commences immediately following the expiration of the standard hardware warranty period and will last for 36 months (beginning on the date of purchase). The following conditions apply:
- Single hardware items may only be replaced a maximum of 3 times during the entire extended maintenance period, limited to a rate of once per year. This means that hardware replacements are limited to a maximum of 3 replacements across the combination of both the 30 day warranty and extended maintenance.
- NOTE: Tablets and Apple Mac minis® will only be replaced once during the entire extended maintenance period.
- Extended maintenance works on an advanced exchange basis.
- NCR may replace defective units with refurbished units.
- Any break (cancellation, default, or breach) in the contract/service plan, billing terms, or NCR Silver Merchant Agreement will automatically void any extended maintenance coverage.
- Extended maintenance is non-transferrable.
- NCR’s then-current retail list price will apply and you will be charged for any:
- Defective hardware items not returned to NCR within 30 days.
- Hardware items returned in a damaged state to NCR.
- The return of a wrong hardware item (example: wrong serial number or product).
- Wear and tear, damage, theft, loss, and misuse are excluded and not covered.
NCR Ring Up products are not eligible for extended maintenance.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
To make a warranty against defects claim in respect of goods, you may contact the NCR Silver Customer Care team:
- by telephone at 02 6181 1403;
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by post at NCR Australia Pty Ltd at Level 4, 8-20 Napier Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060.
If the relevant goods have breached a consumer guarantee or concern a valid warranty against defects claim, any shipping costs to return the goods to NCR will be at NCR’s cost.